Home decor wholesaler Divine Home has rolled out its spring/summer 2020 collection of outdoor pillows.
Showcasing 19 fresh looks, pillow styles range from midcentury modern and coastal to shabby chic and minimalist, full of details like stars, strips, embellishments, pompoms and floral watercolor motifs.
Unique to this collection, 11 pillows from the handmade outdoor collection are woven with polyester fiber made from recycled plastic bottles. This is achieved through innovative technology and process. Yarn is made by finely shredding the bottles and heating and combing those strips into fine fibers that are then spun and stretched into yarn. Following that, Divine Home dyed and hand loomed by the company. According to a release from the company, making use of the recycled plastic yarns is salvaging thousands of plastic bottles, and works with the company’s goal to reduce its overall carbon footprint through things like minimizing packaging and promoting sustainability whenever possible.
The remaining eight pillows from the collection are woven from t-spun polyester, easy-to-care for fabric made by drying, melt spinning and winding to make a strong and durable yarn that feels soft to the touch and resembles cotton. Each of these eight pillows, according to a release, is “more resistant to outside elements, stretching, shrinkage and chemical damage, and is also quick drying, wrinkle resistant and maintains prints well.”
The collection of new pillows include:
- The Lucas features clean, structured lines in two nature-inspired colors. It is available in square and lumbar style in navy and forest green.
- Available in red and navy, the Stitches pairs well with other designs from the line.
- The Archie, with an intricate mix of stripes and hand embellishments, is available in square and lumbar style and in Mushroom and Moss Green.
- The Ava displays a mod pop of pattern and a cluster of fringed tassels at each corner.It is available in a charcoal and yellow colorway.
- Featuring a modern geometric design, the Quinn offers a pop of color and playful pompom corners. It is available in both square and lumbar style and in peacock blue and orange.
- A punchy pattern and braided details make the Amelia stand out. It is available in square and lumbar style and in blush and blue/navy.
- Playful accents on the Pompoms add textural interest in navy and red.
- Featuring patriotic stars and stripes, Stars and Stripes both feature classic flag-inspired prints in red, white and blue.
- Delicate and modern, the Grand Gingko features blue ginkgo leaves in full detail.
- Done in bright blue and yellow, Herringbone reimagines a classic pattern in outdoor ready colors.
- Warm hues of reds and pinks define Sunset Floral.
- The Succulents showcases a floral watercolor motif in hues of blues and greens.
- Featuring rows of beach umbrellas against a white background, Fun In The Sun is one of two coastal pillows from the collection.
- The Fancy Fish features multicolored blue and yellow fish on a blue background.
Adelaide “Addie” Elliott is an associate editor focusing on retail coverage for Furniture Today and Casual Living. Previously, she also served as the web editor for both those brands and Designers Today. Before being promoted in May 2019 to web editor, Adelaide worked as Furniture Today’s editorial intern for a year. Get in touch with her on Twitter at @AElliott_Writes or by email at email@example.com.