HIGH POINT – The International Casual Furnishings Assn.has named the finalists for its 2020 Apollo Awards for casual furnishings retailers.
Created to recognize excellence in the sales and marketing of outdoor furnishings, Apollo Awards finalists are considered to be exceptional dealers in their trading area, act as a model for others within the industry, and are characterized by innovative marketing and merchandising strategies.
Finalists in the 2020 competition include:
- Gasper Home & Garden, Richboro, Pa.
- Outdoor Elegance, La Verne, Calif.
- Patios Plus, Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- Villa Terrazza Patio & Home, Sonoma, Calif.
- Village Green Home and Garden, Rockford, Ill.
- Daylight Home, Lighting & Patio, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Kolo Collection, Atlanta, Ga.
- The Firehouse Casual Living Store, Charlotte, N.C.
- Today’s Patio, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Yard Art Patio & Fireplace, Coppell, Texas
ICFA members will vote via an online ballot for a winner in each of two categories later this summer, and winners will be announced on Sept. 23.
Traditionally, the award winners are honored during the corresponding year’s Casual Market Chicago at the ICFA Awards Gala, but because of the COVID-19 related cancellation of Casual Market Chicago, the presentation of awards have been moved to coincide with next year’s event.
Adelaide “Addie” Elliott is an associate editor focusing on retail coverage for Furniture Today and Casual Living. Previously, she also served as the web editor for both those brands and Designers Today. Before being promoted in May 2019 to web editor, Adelaide worked as Furniture Today’s editorial intern for a year. Get in touch with her on Twitter at @AElliott_Writes or by email at email@example.com.